Do you have a Fake Friend in your circle?
We’ve all had a fake friend or two or three. You really have to pay close attention to the company that you keep. Fake friends tend to slip right underneath your nose without detection most of the time. It’s easy to miss because they usually appear, and pretend to be something they’re not. They do it so well because they have perfected their fraudulent craft. The million dollar questions are, How can you tell if your friend is fake, and is showing you fake love? Well it’s simple kind of.
- Have they ever given you several backhanded compliments? For example they may say to you, “I love your outfit today. You look so much better with your makeup on.” For the record, there is a difference between telling your friend the truth and being shady. You get my drift!
- Do they act totally different towards you around other people?
- Do they treat you differently around other people?
- Do they constantly try to compete with you?
- Does it seem as if they judge every single thing that you do?
- Have they ever betrayed you?
- Have they ever lied to you?
If you’ve answered yes to some or all of these questions, you probably have a “fake friend” in your circle. The thing is, most fake friends are also disloyal, shady, jealous, envious, and they were never really fond of you to begin with. It’s twisted actually which is why you must pay close attention. People will always show you who they are. Though it isn’t always evident right away. But the signs are there. This kind of friend can be dangerous. Jealousy mixed in with envy can equal trouble for you. Make sure you reevaluate your circle of friends and readjust if necessary.